The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-04-2005, 09:49 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Multiple Currencies

Been working all day on multiple currencies. Looking pretty cool.

Was originally going to have a flat exchange rate but decided it wouldnt be the best way as some items I am goign to be selling come from US vendors and some from UK vendors. That makes exchange rating pretty freaking hard. Instead I have settled on being able to define which currencies you accept and then a price per item for each of these currencies.

This has caused a lot of the backend to be re-tweaked. I am hoping to have the next version out this week.

nJoy
Old 09-04-2005, 10:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

sounds great. Can the currencies be "virtual" (uttstore points) etc.?
Old 09-05-2005, 04:11 AM

GeekMart License Holder 

I'm not sure how paypal would process a fake currency.

It sounds good to me. It's not something I would use, but it surely is something that others likely will have a use for.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:18 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Actually yoyo - I was pondering this last night. IMO there does need to be a way to offer items for points and this may be the best solution. If is set to a 'points' currency, then it wont go through PayPal, just through a points handler
Old 09-05-2005, 01:22 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Actually yoyo - I was pondering this last night. IMO there does need to be a way to offer items for points and this may be the best solution. If is set to a 'points' currency, then it wont go through PayPal, just through a points handler
very cool- exactly what I had in mind
Old 09-05-2005, 02:44 PM

GeekMart License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo
very cool- exactly what I had in mind
Integrated with another hack? Or your own point handler?
Old 09-05-2005, 05:00 PM

I would leave open. I think the other point hacks are decent enough.

I did have a brainstorm when writing this to provide a new point spending mechanism instead of spending points through uCash/uShop - you could spend through GeekMart . I think the functionality is there, there just needs to be a handler for payment.

For instace: its easy enough to create a GeekMart mod that will change the username, or user title or buy 'virtual gifts' etc... The only thing missing is to be able to set an item to have a price in 'points' and a handler to take care of the deduction of them.
I am grooming up GeekMart and GAB and GAL to work together so that you can purchase GAB 's and GAL 's without any admin intervention. Many users have mentioned they would think it would be cool to allow users to buy Banners with points - so I am hoping I can work this ability in.
I guess I dont want to make a point system or a point shop - but I would like to have the useability on offer
Old 09-05-2005, 05:14 PM

GeekMart License Holder 

That would be pretty sweet to be able to integrate the items together like that. GAL and GEM (I like that more than GM lol ) would be what I would most want integrated, but it would certainly be popular with banners.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:23 PM

I have much of the glue complete - it will be released as GUSH and will allow you to sell Banners or GAL 's as well as manage them (including stat viewing). This is supposed to be my top priority right now so I can start to open my site to advertisers (www.thenailgeek.com) however GeekMart and GARS are just as high (I need 3 weeks off just to finish these projects up!).

Hopefully we can see something in the upcoming few weeks (just dont know about point integreation yet though)
Old 09-05-2005, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
I have much of the glue complete - it will be released as GUSH and will allow you to sell Banners or GAL 's as well as manage them (including stat viewing). This is supposed to be my top priority right now so I can start to open my site to advertisers (www.thenailgeek.com) however GeekMart and GARS are just as high (I need 3 weeks off just to finish these projects up!).

Hopefully we can see something in the upcoming few weeks (just dont know about point integreation yet though)
Thanks for your hard work. I think that when these additions are added in, whenever that is, that this will take the vb world by storm.