The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-04-2007, 04:42 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Can't get Types to stay selected in Settings

This is very bizarre... I am in GARS settings and trying to select Article/Review/Tutorial, and they won't stay selected. When I came in, I had them set for my forums... I updated a permission for supermoderator, hit save, and it cleared all my types and won't let me set them back. Tried IE7 and Firefox to no avail. I can select them all, then when I hit Save it says saved settings, and they are cleared when I go back to check them.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:51 AM

I seem to be able to update the Type on the first 89 forums in the list, but none after the 89th... that's very strange. Any ideas on what could be wrong?
Old 05-04-2007, 05:31 AM

I had an old version of GARS, over a year old. I just paid for the upgrade and then uninstalled the old GARS and installed the new version... still does the same thing. I can change types on about the first half of my list of forums, but nothing in the second half. They were set before I started all of this. I'm stuck... its just flat not working now and my site's articles and reviews are not looking too pretty. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:49 AM

One more tidbit. I moved the forums I wanted to use GARS to the first parent forum in my list, was able to set their types, then I moved the forums back down to where they were originally, and they stayed set. As soon as I made any change to the settings at all, when I hit save it lost the types for those to forums again. They are about numbers 90 and 91 I think... in the list from top to bottom. But, any forum past 89 won't work. I'm not talking about the forum ID, I'm talking about their order on the list in the GARS settings page in admincp.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:43 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Are you using the cache settings option and is your geek/gars/cache folder (and subfolders) chmodded to 0777?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:05 PM

I wan't using that, but I just tried it and it made no difference. I can still change type in my first 89 forums listed, but not in the ones after that (which is where all the forums reside that I want to change).
Old 05-05-2007, 09:39 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

can you pm me admincp access?
Old 05-07-2007, 10:20 PM

I'll send you a PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:30 PM

Please let me know when you have checked this so I can re-secure my admincp... thanks.