The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 07:50 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hi,
GARS Rocks and must be ported to VB4.
i wish that the priority is
GARS
GAL
GAB
GAZ
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-28-2009, 12:47 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Tests will be done as soon as possible, around the time of the vB 4.0 Gold release, to see what needs to change to make the Geek Scripts compatible with vB 4.0 if possible. Due to new vB 4.0 features, it may be the case that certain Geek Scripts get discontinued.
Hi Morgan, please could you give us an information what scripts do you plan to upgrade and in what timeframe? I know you're always busy but I think we deserve an answer, thank you.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:58 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramses View Post
Hi Morgan, please could you give us an information what scripts do you plan to upgrade and in what timeframe? I know you're always busy but I think we deserve an answer, thank you.
I agree, else everyone is just waiting for something that might not happen at all.

Morgan, can you pls let us know? Thanks.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:40 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

While the article and review system is a great addon to a vb3 site it is now a script which should be discontinued. The new CMS is actually an article system and not a true CMS. It is an excellent replacement for GARS. Having GARS and the CMS installed is redundant.

OTOH if you only plan to install the forum then GARS would make a nice replacement for the built in vbulletin article system.
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-31-2009, 05:27 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Sorry AWS, I'm not concur with you.

The CMS of vBulletin looks to me like a Simple Portal, Maybe with a few mods could made the same as GARS. But "with a few MODS".

The CMS is just another stuff we can use, same as vBDynamics. But like I said on my previous post GARS is pretty unique, and in my site have an Important role, same as vBDyn. And yes, I buy the vBull 4 Publishing Suit, but I don't have plans to migrate until a few months. Meanwhile The Geek could surprise us.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:25 PM

Looking forward to Gars been rewritten for vB4, (can only guess it will be a lot of work for you...)

Just hope you enjoy writing it as much as we enjoy using it....

As I can see it requires a fair bit of work, we would not deem it unreasonable to pay an addtional fee for the upgrade.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:00 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighting90 View Post

As I can see it requires a fair bit of work, we would not deem it unreasonable to pay an addtional fee for the upgrade.
Sure, but we haven't heard back from Morgan for a long time now. I seriously doubt if any of these products will be ported to vb4.

I think we could at least get a feedback as to IF any of geek products are planned to be upgraded or not.
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-10-2010, 07:10 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Agree. Some updates from time to time would be nice in the name of "customer service". And some indication of whether various products are even on the list for updates.

I don't care about GARS any more, frankly.

Personally, I would like a GAL update and perhaps a GAZ update. GARS can die.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minstrel View Post

Personally, I would like a GAL update and perhaps a GAZ update. GARS can die.
Personally, I would like a GARS and GAZ update. GAL can die.
Or better no script should die, don't you think?
Old 01-11-2010, 03:41 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

We cannot tell the developer what to do, obviously.

But at least we could get an indication or even some thoughts regarding the possibility of the scripts in v4.

For example for me the only thing I really care is GAL, because I don't know any other scripts like this to replace it. I can replace GAZ with another newsletter, and GARS with default CMS functionality and/or a couple of addon mods. But GAL for the moment is the only thing I have no idea how to replace.
  Learn how to remove ads

Closed Thread