The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-01-2008, 04:50 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Cool, I have been holding off as long as possible with our big annual calendar sale, our photo contest ends in about 10 minutes so sometime this week I need to put the calendar up in store for pre-orders. Any chance we might see something this week?
Old 09-04-2008, 05:54 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Morgan,
Not to put any pressure on you but at am almst at the very end of my time that I can wait to start selling our newest calendar in our shop and I would REALLY like to have the new Geekmart in place before doing so, any chance that I can get it within the next couple of days???
Old 09-05-2008, 12:41 AM

Geek Gazette License Holder 

That would be sweet!

I have a question, on the product description page in Geekmart , for example here:
http://www.thevbgeek.com/geekmart.ph...ayproduct&id=5

Will we be able to have the option to use html here? It looks like its only using bbcode here, but it would be Great! to be able to use custom html to display product information.

Also I was wondering if you could move or remove the side bar, mainly because its small and eats up a large part of the screen.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Next couple of days, probably not, and unfortunately questions about GMart will need to wait until the product is complete so that answers match with what the final product offers.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-10-2008, 03:17 AM

Geek Gazette License Holder 

One thing that I would absolutely LOVE is the ability to "add 1 to cart" from an external link. So if on the homepage I want a simple add one to cart button it would do it without even taking them directly to the product page.

Please Please tell me this will be possible, even with small modification that would be fine.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:04 AM

Well I held off as long as I could but we had to go live with the order page today for our calendars. I hope that the new Geekmart comes along before I have to SHIP these!
Old 09-16-2008, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
FYI, I had hoped to release GMart the week of the 11th but it didn't happen. Some RL stuff I absolutely had to do got in the way, haste makes waste, but now that those RL demands are over, I suspect that things will progress nicely. 2CO might be added if I get it to work correctly.
Morgan,
This post was in reference to August 11th 2008, which you made on August 31st that the R/L issues were over and it was full steam ahead on GMart . We're now a couple of weeks beyond that, any chance we might see Gmart within the next 2 weeks?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sorry, but I don't give ETAs. If I put a date out there, and then miss the deadline because of bugs or whatever reason, people might be disappointed or upset. GMart wasn't ready for release in August, so it wasn't released. Work on it is progressing. It will be released when it is done. If anyone absolutely must have a yes/no answer to "is it going to be ready by such and so a date" then the answer is going to be no.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-16-2008, 07:03 PM

Morgan,

Understood, I'm not asking for a specific date, only trying to judge whether or not I must once again manually process all of my gmart orders in terms of getting mailing labels set up and correcting the lack of the state missing on each gmart order email, etc.

Orders are going to start being stuffed on either Oct 2nd or Oct 3rd, so if a new gmart were out before then, I might be able to take advantage of it to cut the manual labor necessary for these current orders. If gmart isn't out by then, I need to budget the time to do all that manual work. Feel free to send me a PM to let me know how I should be budgeting my time. To play it safe I'm sure I'll budget the time to do it manually, but it sure would be nice to get some of that time back, I'm already nearing 60 orders in the past couple of days since we put the calendars up for sale and I'm hoping to have 100 by the time we start filling orders on the 2nd or 3rd. At say 5 minutes each of manual processing that's 500 minutes or over 8 hours of extra work I'll have to do if the new gmart isn't ready by then, that's all.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:04 PM

Here we are more than a month later and I'm stuffing envelopes manually and hand-correcting gmart order details to get mailing addresses right on hundreds of calendars... joy joy!