The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-21-2008, 05:38 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Morgan,

This error has crept back in somehow. I checked my newsletter settings and they are set to subscribe the user by default, yet new users that are signing up are NOT having it set to being subscribed by default. You should still have access to my admincp, can you help?

Thanks in advance!

BTW I run a subscription query for users with the newsletter set to NO and who joined the site in the last week and it only shows me 10 or so members, yet EVERY member joined in the last week has their newsletter setting set to "No" when I look at their account in admincp. So something isn't right with the subscription queries either, just wanted to point that out too.

Last edited by KenDude; 08-21-2008 at 05:41 AM..
Old 08-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

What happens if you sign up as a new member, not via the ACP, but through the front-end like other people need to do to register? Also, what is the query you are running?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 08-22-2008, 01:46 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If I sign up as a new member via the front end, it is marking me as NO for the subscription.

The query I am running is for subscriptions set to NO and for members with a join date say since 8/15/08 and it comes up with say only 10 people, but I can go through members 1 by 1 that have joined in the last week manually in admincp and see that their settings for newsletter is actually NO instead of Yes and there are more than 10.

Do you need me to do screen caps? Or if there is a time when you can come onto the site I'd be happy to talk through it by phone or chat, etc.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

No, I don't need screenshots on this. What is the actual query you are running? UPDATE ... or ???
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 08-23-2008, 06:05 AM

I am using the SUBSCRIPTIONS item in admincp, that brings up a page that allows you to search for various combinations. I'll do a screen cap, I don't seem to be coming across clearly enough.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:14 AM
Administrator

No, I don't need a screenshot. You said that you were running a query, so I thought you were running a query, not using the ACP subscriptions feature. Will look at this sometime over the weekend; it's 2AM now here and I'm so done for the day/week.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:23 AM

Default Ok here are the screen caps

Here are the screen caps to show the query I ran to have it display the members who have newsletter selected as NO in their profile in the last week. As I said the default should be YES but it obviously isn't because these people aren't choosing NO, it is just defaulting that way for some reason. The other day the query produced just a few results now those have grown to beyond what I can capture in a single screen.

BTW if a new user selects "NO" for admin emails, does it automatically default their newsletter choice to NO as well? Or can they select no admin emails but still have newsletter defaulted to YES?

A follow up question, during my registration process from the home page, just signing up as any new user would, there doesn't seem to be any choice for selecting the newsletter or not. Only after they have registered can they go back to the control panel and then make their choice. That's "ok" with me as long as their default is YES to the newsletter instead of No, which as I said doesn't seem to be the case for new users signing up on my site despite having it set that way in admincp. You still have access to admincp if you log into my site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gazcap1.jpg (84.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg gazcap2.jpg (91.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg gazcap3.jpg (100.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 08-25-2008, 04:48 AM

Morgan, sorry for saying "query" when I was just using the admincp subscriptions functionality. Do you have everything you need at this point to try and develop a fix? Let me know if you need something more from me.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Administrator

FYI on this, nothing found yet, will need to look again and do some more tests. Will post back with results when done.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:44 AM

Ok thanks, please keep me apprised and I'll check back in from time to time to see what gets posted here.