The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-19-2008, 02:33 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Can someone please point out what makes the Geek Gazette worth spending $50????

I am interested in buying GAZ. i am curious how much better it is than the free version on VB? i noticed the price of this one is pretty high compared to the other mods. what about this mod makes it so good to be higher than GARS? just curious
Old 05-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

There is some discussion of GAZ pricing here but I have not tried any free newsletter add-ons from vBorg so cannot offer an opinion. If you mention what vBorg add-on to which you refer, maybe someone else who has tried both will come along and provide you with some feedback, but as you are concerned about price, my suggestion would be to stick with the free one. That way you won't feel like you overpaid for something that might not have all the features you want.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-19-2008, 05:47 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbreal View Post
I am interested in buying GAZ. i am curious how much better it is than the free version on VB? i noticed the price of this one is pretty high compared to the other mods. what about this mod makes it so good to be higher than GARS? just curious
I haven't used other systems, other than I did hack VB to send HTML emails and that's what I've been manually sending for over a year now. I was able to modify GAZ (with Morgan's help) to do what I want it to do and it "should" save me some time EVERY month, so that easily pays for itself since my billable time is more than $250/hour.

Is it perfect? No, I'd change a few things, but for the most part it is working pretty well and my members seem to like it. $50 seems like a small price to pay for something that works, has good support, and saves me a bunch of time.

I wish someone would show me how to make add-on modules though, for example stats from my gallery, stats from my downloads, stats from my classifieds, etc. I'm sure it would only mean taking the routines that call data from vb and mapping them to call data from the tables for the gallery photos (such as showing a random photo) or classifieds (5 newest classifieds for example).

Hmmm, Morgan, want to be commissioned to do that for me?
Old 05-19-2008, 06:22 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

thanks for the advice guys.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:00 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenDude View Post
I wish someone would show me how to make add-on modules though, for example stats from my gallery, stats from my downloads, stats from my classifieds, etc. I'm sure it would only mean taking the routines that call data from vb and mapping them to call data from the tables for the gallery photos (such as showing a random photo) or classifieds (5 newest classifieds for example).

Hmmm, Morgan, want to be commissioned to do that for me?
If you hire someone, let me know so we can split the bill
I am especially interested in latest links from vba links and latest entries from vba Dynamics, I am not that interested in stats though. I am afraid Morgan does not have the time.