The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-24-2009, 01:56 AM

Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Not allowed to see preview

I tried to view either the html an the text version of the newsletter but /newsletter.php?id=1&prev=1 and /newsletter.php?id=1&prev=1&txt=1 showed me that I am not allowed to see the newsleter.

In the test folder I can see the newsletters but not on the preview window opend from the backend as Admin.

Im new on this and still testing this so what is my mistake?

Last edited by Musika; 03-24-2009 at 01:53 PM..
Old 03-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Go to the ACP -> GAZ -> Newsletters -> click a newsletter link -> Usergroups allowed to subscribe, and make sure your usergroup is checked.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-24-2009, 04:35 PM

It was all checked right. To test it I dechecked it and saved it and checked it again and saved it, but the problem still remains.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

There are three of the following lines in the newsletter.php file:
Code:
print_no_permission();
Before the first one add the following:
Code:
echo 'a';
exit();
Before the second one add the following:
Code:
echo 'b';
exit();
Before the third one add the following:
Code:
echo 'c';
exit();
Then try another preview and let me know what letter you see on screen.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-24-2009, 11:11 PM

None of the letters are shown, but the same message as before. As I am using the german translation I searched for the phrase and found out that $vbphrase[gaz_no_permission] is the shown message on english:
Quote:
You do not have permission to browse the newsletter section. If you feel that you have reached this message in error, please contact the <a href="{1}" >administrator</a>
Old 03-24-2009, 11:38 PM

A little bit strange.

I tried for the admin-group to activate the email-subscription an now newsletter.php is shown also for the other users with permission. Deactivatet the email-subscription and it continues working.

It seemed that even beiing checked the "ACP -> Usergroups -> GROUP Permissions -> Edit Permissions" had to be once be saved to activate them.

Strange but now it works.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Not sure I'm following post six, but there is the 'Can browse newsletter.php' setting in the ACP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup that should be set to yes for those who can view the newsletter.php page on your site.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:01 AM

After installing GAZ I looked at the Usergroup Manager and all users also the admin were allowed to see the newsletter, so I din' change anything.

After the "bug" or whatever, I checked also in the Usergroup Manager the email subscription for the admin and "saved" this setting. And from now on all the Settings in the Usergroup Manager worked.

It's like the settings are checked "on the paper" in the Usergroup Manager the first time, but not realy saved all over in the system.

Sorry for my bad english.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Administrator

Thanks, I understand now. Not sure why that happened, but if it happens again, just let me know.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:59 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Exclamation

Hi Morgan.

Just letting you know that I have had the same problem and fixed by enabling ' allow Administrator to email friend'