The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-15-2009, 11:06 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default My modules disappeared.

I changed URL's so I had to download the package and reinstall again. Whatever. I did that and all my license errors disappeared but all of my modules are gone too. My default set is empty.

I haven't done any crazy modifications to GAZ, just normal things. Waiting for the license to be corrected and then having to deal with this problem is just not ideal at this time as I want to send an email out.

Is there any sort of query I can run to reclaim them or are they gone?
Old 10-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If you uninstalled and then reinstalled, what you had is gone. You would need to re-add everything.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 10-23-2009, 11:08 PM

My bad. I didn't uninstall, but I upload the new files from the new package. I didn't remove database tables related GAZ and my other information is still there, just not my modules.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:11 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

After you uploaded the new files, did you re-import (not uninstall, but do allow overwrite) the new XML product file for GAZ? If so, what happens if you go and add a new module to GAZ? At this point, I am not sure what happened. You might need to re-add your modules.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 10-25-2009, 10:40 AM

Yes, I overwrote the file but did not uninstalled the previous. I am allowed to register a new module, but even the default modules are blank. I started playing around with registering new ones and seemed like some of the information was coming back, module names, but not settings of the module, and it all seemed oddly jumbled.

Maybe I am a unique case, don't know. But you know what would be a great feature Morgan? To allow users to download a settings xml file, similar to vBSEO. An email program that is complex, more so than mine, is quite important and having all your important GAZ information saved with an easy to use backup system just for GAZ I am sure would be appreciated. My thought anyway.

I'll play around with it more though. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:01 PM

I pretty much rebuilt my old layout, I just had to create new modules, set everything back up again, etc.