The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Gazette

Geek Gazette GAZ is a community newsletter management system.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-24-2007, 08:53 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GAZ info

Geek Gazette (GAZ) is a community newsletter system for vB 3.6x and higher.

Why? Well, I actually prototyped it toward the end of 2005 but helved it to focus on core products. Due to an urgent requirement at one of my other sites, I blew the dust off it and brought it up to a beta state. I am reluctant to support another project (hence the reason I pulled GeekMart until mythicol joined) however it seems to be (for the most part) done. There are still some bugs with it, but they should be easily squashed with a handful of private beta testers. I'm in no rush to release it, I'm more in the mood to get it fine tuned part time while I work on my other projects. Ill release it when it hits RC and the beta testers are content with it.

I have received loads of requests for beta testing so far - please be patient as I try and evaluate the best candidates for testing. Please don't feel bad if you don't get picked

A quick run down of its features.

Multiple newsletters

You can have an unlimited amount of newsletters set up. For instance, you may have one for a weekly overview of the site and one for a monthly overview. You may also want a semi annual focusing on certain parts of your site.

Cron powered

GAZ is built to power itself with as little to no intervention from you. GAZ will take 'snapshots' of the data it needs whenever you set it to. It will also process and send itself off to users without you having to do anything with it.

Module Powered

GAZ comes with a module system (similar to GARS) that allows you to create multiple configurations and layouts.

Ajax Issue Browser

Users can browse previous editions of issues.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:30 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Thumbs up

Looking forward to it.

I send out a newsletter every Monday & Friday to all registered members on my old UBB board.

I am in the process of setting up a Vbulletin (I already have GAL installed) and this might be exactly what I'm looking for.

I just received my first Gazette. Please send me more GAZ updates as they become available.

Thank you,

Brian
Old 03-25-2007, 12:13 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

sounds good, I have quite a big board with over 60 000 members and I would like to beta test it to see how it can handle with server load etc. also there is a hack on vbulletin that helps with sending out mass emails, maybe you could integrate that into this.

Let me know if you would like me to beta test it. thanks.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:35 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I sent a PM volunteering to test as well. I have a pretty active site and we had been sending out a monthly newsletter in our old software, since switching to vbulletin a few months back I haven't been able to find one I like that allows me to marry content from the site along with custom content for each newsletter into a nice looking format.

This Gazette might just be the ticket...
Old 03-25-2007, 08:30 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sam , you can count me in for troubleshooting
Old 03-25-2007, 10:28 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hey Guys, thanks to everyone for the PMs - there is obviously great support for a project such as this.

Just to let you know that the 5 positions are currently closed.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:59 PM

mine is closed, i take it...

already have a sugg: don't use userfields... it slows down the filtering... use a new field in the usertable, so you just have to list one query. and it is easier to install, easier to uninstall, no need to edit a userfield by the admin (less support requested)

i'm going to install it now.. lol
Old 03-25-2007, 02:25 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Have any idea on price? I would love to get a newsletter started up on our site.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2007, 02:33 PM

i have an idea on price: 750$..

oh, you mean about GAZ ?!...

bah.. add a zero, give it a comma, and that's a good one...lol
Old 03-25-2007, 03:32 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Great idea! Cheers!